Coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission has been increasing day by day. Many countries have announced their complete lockdown including Australia, United States, India & more.
Apart from the human to human transmission, the major impact we will see in the near future, that would be the economic crisis.
Many governments have already announced their plans to deal with the future economic crisis. Infect, major market players & big bulls are already working on their strategies to recover with the loss along with the help for their employees & client.
On Mar 27 2020, Google & Alphabet’s CEO, Sundar Pichai has shared the news which will be a big relief for businesses especially the SMEs.
Here are some key points of it:
- Google has announced $250 million ad grant for the World Health Organization (WHO) & 100 more government agencies globally so that they can spread the information about COVID-19 for prevention, awareness & help local communities to fight this pandemic.
- Google has also announced $200 million funds for the NGO’s and financial institutions around the world to help provide supports for SMEs so that these businesses can arrange/access to the capitals so that they can easily run/overcome their business from COVID-19 after-effects in market.
- If your business has an active Google Ads account for over the past year then this is for you. Google has announced $340 million in Google Ads credits for all SMBs. This is very big if you are running Google ads so you will be getting free credits in the coming months. Google says “Credit notifications will appear in their Google Ads accounts and can be used at any point until the end of 2020 across our advertising platforms.”
- $20 million in Google Cloud credits are to be given to academic institutions & researchers to access the cloud computing technology for their research, study & infrastructure. They can simply use this to track the COVID-19 research data, study this epidemic to provide useful information to the health community to create vaccine & identify new ways to combat COVID-19. Read more on the Google for Education site.
- Along with this, Google will also provide support & help to the organisations for increasing the production capacity for personal protective equipment (PPE) and life-saving medical devices. This will be included the basic stuff like Facemasks, Sanitizers, gloves, ventilators etc.
Google is regularly contributing towards the community to help mankind, students, small entrepreneurs & more. This time Google has announced it’s one of the major contribution & that will be considered as a landmark.
You can read more about it here: https://www.blog.google/inside-google/company-announcements/commitment-support-small-businesses-and-crisis-response-covid-19/