Core Web Vitals are a set of specific factors that Google considers important in a webpage’s overall user experience.
Core Web Vitals are made up of three specific page speed and user interaction measurements:
- Largest contentful paint (LCP), for page loading
- First input delay (FIP), for user interactions
- Cumulative layout shift (CLS), for Visual Stability
Largest Contentful Paint (LCP)
Largest Contentful Paint (LCP) is a Core Web Vitals metric and measures when the largest content element in the viewport becomes visible.
It can be used to determine when the main content of the page has finished rendering on the screen. This justified by the loading time.
The ideal loading time Is 2.5 sec.
i.e. Website loading
First Input Delay (FID)
It measures the time from when a user first interacts with a page to the time when the browser is actually able to respond to that interaction.
The ideal FID time is 100 ms (milliseconds).
i.e. user interaction
Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS)
Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) measures the layout stability of a webpage, to ensure that the user experience runs smoothly and interactions flow as naturally as possible, without any interruptions or unexpected jumps.
This is being introduced as a key metric because unstable layouts can lead to negative user experiences on both mobile and desktop, resulting in high bounce rates.
i.e. Visual Stability
How to Track Your Website’s Core Web Vitals
- You can find your site’s Core Web Vitals data in the “enhancements” section of your Google Search Console account.
- Use https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ to see the issues.
Google Search Console
Google Pagespeed Insights
How to Improve Core Web Vitals?
Once you’ve pulled your report, it’s time to make some changes.
You’ll be able to improve the LCP by limiting the amount of content you display at the top of the web page to the most critical information. If it’s not critically important to a problem that the visitor is trying to solve, move it down the page.
Improving FID is simple, and there are four primary issues you’ll want to address:
- Reduce third-party code impact: If you have a bunch of different processes happening simultaneously, it will take longer for the action to start working.
- Minimize main thread work: The main thread does most of the work, so you need to cut the complexity of your style and layouts if you have this issue.
- Keep request counts low, and transfer sizes small: Make sure you’re not trying to transfer huge files.
If you need any assistance to fix these Core Web Vitals issues or need any SEO services, just let us know here.
If you need your website to be set up with Google Analytics & need any assistance in Google Analytics, Just contact us.
The Use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in SEO
How To Set Up SEO On WordPress
How to Improve Google Rankings
10 Most Popular Content Marketing Platforms
10 Best Keyword Research Tools to Find the Right Keywords for SEO
How To Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts